The Derbyshire Institute of Sport (DIS) has 2 exciting opportunities for Sports Science Graduates who are working towards their UKSCA Accreditation.
We are looking to expand our outstanding coaching team to include 2 Graduate Strength and Conditioning Coaches. Initially, this is a 6-month unpaid post, which we hope will become a part-time role upon successful completion of the UKSCA Accreditation. Working hours will be 2-3 evenings per week, roughly 3 hours per evening up to a maximum of 10 hours per week (these coaching hours will be delivered alongside our experienced coaching team*). We will provide the following benefits as part of your role with us:
· A small travel allowance will be available for any travel away from our main base site at the Derby Arena
· We will pay for one attempt for you to take the UKSCA Accreditation
· We will offer mentorship and guidance to prepare you for your UKSCA Accreditation from experienced and accredited UKSCA coaches
· We will provide the opportunity to work with an appropriate case study to use as part of your UKSCA accreditation
· DIS coaching kit will be provided
· Coaching experience across a broad range of ages and abilities; athletes aged from 9 years old all the way up to senior international athletes across a broad range of sports including athletes with disabilities as well as able bodied athletes
· Experience of working alongside a full multi-disciplinary team including physiotherapist, dietitian, psychologist, and performance mentors
· *Any coaching hours that you are required to lead the sessions independently, for example due to staff illness or other circumstances, will be paid at a rate of £15 per hour
The DIS provides bespoke support services to individual athletes, sports teams, and club members to enable them to achieve success. Working together, for athletes, the team at DIS is committed to developing champions and delivers a caring service that is unique to each person, their goals, and ambitions.
We have been providing dedicated, first-class, innovative sports science and personal mentoring support to athletes since the London 2012Olympic and Paralympic Games.
In recent years, we have expanded our services. On top of traditional support services, such as physiotherapy and strength and conditioning we also provide performance psychology, performance nutrition and performance mentoring.
Importantly the DIS operates as a team. All our staff members connect the services they deliver into one cohesive, caring support network. By sharing challenges, knowledge, and innovation our team drives a coordinated, high-quality approach that provides excellent value and optimum results for individuals, clubs and teams. Our passionate team work with athletes from over40 different sports.
· Degree in Sports Science/ Sports Coaching or equivalent
· Ability to complete UKSCA Accreditation within the next 12 months
· Previous work experience of working closely with a team (either in or out of sporting context)
· IT literate in all Microsoft Office programmes
· Full clean drivers’ licence and access to your own car/transport
· A caring, friendly, and personable character, focussing on the people before anything else
· Passionate about sport, coaching and innovating solutions to performance challenges
· Good integrity to uphold the high standards existing within the DIS and apply best practice at all times
· Motivation to develop and learn new skills
· Sport specific coaching qualification
· Experience working with children/young people
· Excellent self-awareness of personal strengths and weaknesses
· Confident in developing new relationships with athletes, parents, coaches, support staff and DIS stakeholders
Please apply by sending your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by Monday, May 23, 2022.
Interviews will take place during the week June 6 to 10, 2022. Interviews will involve a practical element as well as formal interviewquestions.
Please note the successful applicant will be asked to provide two references and undertake an enhanced DBS check prior to beginning work.
Starting date will be flexible between July and September 2022.